Jewelry Appraisals for Insurance & Your Peace of Mind
We offer appraisal services for all items we sell, as well as for your family heirlooms. We understand the importance of keeping all of your fine jewelry pieces protected and insured.
Visit us today and let us inspect and appraise your valuable jewelry items for insurance, replacement or inheritance/estate purposes.
THE APPRAISAL PROCESS
During the course of a jewelry appraisal, your items will be carefully evaluated to accurately identify all component parts – gemstones and metals. Gems are measured or weighed (when appropriate), evaluated for condition and graded for color, clarity and cut quality. Metals are examined for purity.
Value is determined by taking into consideration the component parts and the overall nature and condition of the finished piece as well as prevailing market conditions and the actual purpose of the appraisal (insurance replacement cost or estate value).
During the initial examination, we will:
- Conduct a thorough examination
- Review the condition
- Take detailed measurements and notes
- Take photographs of your jewelry
After the initial examination, we will:
- Research your pieces
- Study available information regarding your jewelry
- Assign a value based on the purpose of the appraisal
- Enter all of the above information into a formal report
What can you expect from us?
- Professional and courteous answers to your questions
- Complete descriptions of your property
- Duplicate reports (one for your and one for your insurance company)
- Photographs of your property
- Complete confidentiality
- Extra copy of report mailed/faxed directly to your insurance agent if needed
Information we need for your appraisal:
IN ORDER FOR US TO COMPLETE A THOROUGH DOCUMENT, IT IS IMPORTANT FOR US TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- Grading or Laboratory reports
- Previous appraisal reports
- Sales receipts
- Repair receipts
- Adequate time to do the best job possible